ECA has established itself as one of the most respected providers of VAT advisory services to universities across the UK.
We were at the forefront in the development and agreement of workable, beneficial TRAC-based partial exemption and non-business methods for our clients.
We deal with education related matters on a daily basis, advising on issues such as:
- the zero-rate reliefs available to minimise VAT on costs
- VAT recovery on capital projects
- place of supply issues
- fuel & power reliefs
- VAT treatment of research contracts following the August 2013 changes
Within this sector, we also advise Research Councils, private education providers, educational charities and Student Unions.
Notable achievements of ours include:
- negotiation with HMRC of beneficial partial exemption methods
- application of full VAT relief to research buildings
- significant fuel and power claims
- successful argument for eligible body status for a private education provider